LON WITCH DOCTOR BUILD!
[/vc_column_text][review_summary reader_ratings=”true” positives=”High DPS , Kills White mobs , Great Group Play” negatives=”Survivability , Gear Farm Required ” title=”” summary=””]
(All credit to reddit user sVr90 on the written guide)
You can skip this section, if you are only interested in a resulting d3planner build.
- Legacy of Nightmares (2 pieces)
- Obligates you to have a 13 pieces ancient/primal setup, which makes gearing a LoN WD more aggravating than a Firebats Witch Doctor considering the jewelry slots
- Andariel’s Visage
- Due to the “%more Fire damage taken” Andariel’s Visage in a primal roll can be worse than a well-rolled ancient
- Pauldrons of the Skeletong King
- A conditional cheat-death that might save you from time to time
- Hellfire Amulet
- Due to Legacy of Nightmares it has to be an ancient/primal roll. This will take you a lot of time and ressources. Generaly speaking an ancient/primal non-elemantel roll will benefit you more than a non-ancient elemental roll.
- Passives: Creeping Death, Cofidence Ritual, Swampland Attunement, Gruesome Feast or Rush of Essence
- Aquila Cuirass
- A low Legendary Affix is noticeable. Make sure to play a 90/91% Aquila with Elite Reduction. Additionally having “ranged reduction” a secondary affix make this item your strongest defensive slot.
- Lakumba’s Ornament
- If you can’t get one with “ranged reduction”, make sure it’s either “Arcane” or “Lightning Resistance”.
- One of the few Increased Attack Speed slots you’ll be playing.
- Edit 06/01/2017: Despite popular believes this legendary affix is not a seperate multiplier. It’s additive with %Elemental and the legendary affix of Mask of Jeram. For the Phantasm Rune the effect of this legendary affix is doubled.
- The Witching Hour
- You are looking for a high CHD value. The IAS value is most of the time neglectable due to IAS influx from Pain Enhancer.
- Swamp Land Waders
- Witch Doctor Specific elemental choice. If you intend to play LoN WD in the later explained “Full-Duration” Playstyle you might consider Hexing Pants or Mr. Yan as a seperate multiplier.
- Illusory Boots
- The build doesn’t run Spirit Walk due to a bugged interaction with Phantasms that are spawned during Spirit Walk Duration. This is the only mobility item/ability you’ll be running – the rest is up to your teammates.
- Gazing Demise
- Your bread. It always rolls with two useless primary affixes (Life per Second, Mana Regenaration). Unarguably best to have in primal for max range damage and legendary affix. Worthwhile noting that the Legendary Affix is a seperate multiplier and doesn’t diminish the value of the Voo’s Juicer Spirit Barrage Roll.
- Voo’s Juicer
- A high Spirit Barrage roll is recommended. Both Increased Attack Speed and Increased Damage are mandatory.
- Weapon/Offhand: The Barber
- Your Phantasms accumulate for each enemy hit. Upon despawn the Phantasm explodes for all accumulated ticks in a 15 yard radius caculated from its center. The Barber multiplier is applied to the final explosion.
- Armor: Mask of Jeram
- A pet multiplier that als works for Phantasm. Worthwhile noting that its legendary affix is not a seperate multiplier. It’s additive to elemental primary affixes on items.
- Jewelry: Ring of Emptiness
- A multiplier that was designed to only work with non-pet abilities. Yet it buffs Spirit Barrage and therefore Phantasm.
- Bane of the Trapped
- Your Phantasms are treated as Pets. Technically speaking this is a second Bane of the Trapped.
- Pain Enhancer
- Your Phantasms are treated as Pets. Attackspeed is a seperate multiplier for Pets. This gems will basically reliably double your Attackspeed and eventually triple it in certain situations. This is your highest DPS gem.
As a reference for skills/abilities and stat priority on items you can check this d3planner build.